The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration. To apply for a position please send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to email@example.com.
Director of Operations
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, a national certification board for physicians, is looking for a self-motivated and resourceful professional for the full-time position of Director of Operations.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations oversees all aspects of internal operations of the ABPMR office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all ABPMR functions
- Lead and manage the ABPMR staff. Facilitate a positive work environment through effective communication and building trust
- Oversee implementation of the ABPMR Strategic Plan
- Guide and direct management in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the organization’s programs
- Manage and cultivate relationships, improve communications, and enhance the ABPMR’s reputation with candidates, diplomates, and other professional organizations
- Actively participate in board and committee meetings. Provide relevant information to support discussions and decisions
- Provide support for ABPMR directors and partner organizations
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Ensure that the organization runs with legality and conformity to established regulations and policies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- continuous learning
- people management
- planning and organization
- problem solving
- project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of ten years of related work experience
- Travel to outside meetings as necessary
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.