LA-PM&R: Articles Available for Quarter 4 Selection Beginning October 1
If you’ve been participating in LA-PM&R (longitudinal assessment for PM&R) prior to 2023, you know different quarters give a mix of new questions and reattempt questions.
Article-based questions are just what they sound like: Questions on your LA-PM&R assessment that are based on articles in the field of PM&R. You choose the articles you want to be assessed on according to your interests and practice relevance. We are excited for the opportunity this gives LA-PM&R users to read important studies in the field, as well as the value it adds to your assessment and learning.
Selecting your articles
Articles for the 4th quarter of 2023 have been selected and will be available for viewing October 1. You will see 10 article names when you login to the LA-PM&R platform to choose your articles (they are also listed below). From these articles, you select five you want to read and be assessed on. Each article you select will have two related questions in Quarter 4 to answer after reading. Please note that in 2023, one longer article has been divided into two sections.
You can access the articles before answering your questions and can also access the articles while completing your questions.
Quarter 4 2023 Articles
- 2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation Guideline for the Management of Osteoarthritis of the Hand, Hip, and Knee; Arthritis Care & Research 2020
- A review of upper extremity peripheral nerve injuries in throwing athletes; PM&R 2022
- Advances and limitations for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy; BMC Pediatrics 2022
- Degenerative Cervical Myelopathy: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis; Global Spine Journal 2022
- Early Intervention for Children Aged 0 to 2 Years With or at High Risk of Cerebral Palsy: International Clinical Practice Guideline Based on Systematic Reviews; JAMA Pediatrics 2021
- ICU-acquired weakness; Intensive Care Medicine 2020
- Pathological Computed Tomography Features Associated With Adverse Outcomes After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A TRACK-TBI Study With External Validation in CENTER-TBI; JAMA Neurology 2021
- Quality Improvement in Rehabilitation: A Primer for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialists; PM&R 2019
- The clinician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis; Osteoporosis International 2022 (divided into two parts, two items for each part)
5 articles of your choosing x 2 questions per article = 10 article-based questions in Quarter 4
Watch the video tutorial (scroll to the bottom of the web page) to see how article-based questions work.