Primary Certification

ABPMR Postpones 2020 Part II Examination

Today the ABPMR decided to postpone the 2020 Part II Examination in response to growing concerns about the global COVID-19 pandemic.

The exam has been rescheduled for the weekend of September 12-13, 2020, and will still take place at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

"The ABPMR has been closely monitoring the progress of COVID-19 and is heeding the advice of public health experts," says Carolyn Kinney, MD, ABPMR executive director. "This decision was made after significant deliberation, careful planning, and consideration for the health and safety of candidates, examiners, and the public."

The ABPMR will send candidates new Schedule Notices with their September examination date and time as soon as possible. Candidates and examiners should refer to their email today for more information and instructions for travel arrangements.

If you have questions, please reach out to the board office.

April 2, 2020 update: Full fee carryovers for a limited time
All admissible candidates have been transferred to the September examination.

If a candidate has a firm schedule conflict with the September exam dates, for this year only they may request a full fee carryover to the 2021 exam. This option is available ONLY from April 2 - April 15, 2020. To submit a full carryover request, email the board office by 4/15/20. (Carryovers will still be available after 4/15 under the regular policy.)

Originally Published: March 13, 2020